Camlock Systems is launching Series 100, an intelligent rotary latch with an exclusive high-strength, dual locking mechanism and configurable monitoring features.
As part of the ongoing mission at Camlock to develop ‘the smartest locking technology for our markets’, the company has engineered and manufactured a sophisticated, second generation version of its popular S100 rotary latch. In response to customer demand, the new and improved three-wire electronic latch delivers all the high-security, tamper resistant benefits of the original two-wire version with additional high-performing lock and door monitoring functions.
‘The Series 100 is now packed with innovative features that control and monitor access, and enable customisable door actuation’, Camlock Systems Product Manager Steve Martin told PV. ‘Thanks to the design of the lock and its PCB, all of which were developed in-house, pull or spring-assisted door opening and alarms are standard features.
‘Innovation is at the heart of all Camlock product developments, so we went one step further to give our customers ultimate flexibility and control over their locking systems. In addition to the lock upgrade, we have created a simple, magnetically-operated monitoring module. By using the optional monitoring module a host of programmable controls can be utilised, including auto relock and soft, secure door closure for sealed doors. The Series 100 offers all this in addition to housing our tamper-resistant, motorised rotary latch. By combining function and reliable security, our latest electronic lock epitomises our commitment to creating flexible, high-quality, modular locking solutions.
‘In light of the increasing demand for convenient, hygienic vending machines offering traditional drinks and snacks to healthier food options and a wider range of goods including PPE and sanitiser’, Steve said. ‘We’re seeing increased demand for contact-free locking, reduced key management and physical servicing and Series 100-3W has been designed in response to that, it’s a high quality, concealable lock with the security and strength that Camlock is known for, as well as the functionality to conveniently control, track and monitor both door and lock activity. Designed for vending and self-service terminals in public and remote areas, this exclusive latch offers a unique solution to concealed, electronic latching. By doubling the number of jaws compared to a typical latch, the two symmetrical jaws built-in corrosion-resistant steel not only reinforce the latch’s strength but also provide more convenient mounting options.
‘After rigorous in-house testing and independent review, the latch is tamper-resistant and certified to withstand over 7000N of force and 300N of preload – ideal for countering the force placed on a latch by the seal of a vending machine door. Furthermore, with an IP65 rating and peak performance temperatures ranging from -40°C to +65°C, the S100 is perfectly suitable for heated or refrigerated cabinets and harsh environments.
With Camlock Systems solutions you can be sure of an accurate fit every time and the innovative design of the Series 100 is no different, offering a flush, concealed fit for versatile installation’, Steve said.
The Camlock S100 in Bullets:
- Cycle tested to over 100,000 cycles
- IP65 rated (dust and water spray resistant)
- Designed to work in hot climates, humidity, and below freezing with operating temperatures; -40°C to +65°C
- Available as a simple latch or compatible with an existing intelligent system
- Will integrate with any access control system
- Glass-reinforced, flame-resistant plastic housing. Stainless steel and brass latching parts for superior strength
- Tamper and shock-resistant – mechanism will not fail under vibration or percussive shock
- Fitted with a mechanical override for protection in the event of a power failure. Lock status monitoring for added security
- Compatible with an additional switch module for door monitoring, security, and control features
- Stepped down mains, battery-powered or both. Energy-efficient, low operating current. System recalibrates itself only when required
- International patent applied for. The Series 100 is only available directly from Camlock Systems.